Friday, November 9, 2012

Welcome to the Family

Welcome to Our Family!

Our Colonial Family is going to be a fun place to discover everything from crafts and recipes to books and music.  I will be posting fun things that I do with my children and family as well as cool offers.

Let me introduce myself.  My name is Niah and I live in Washington with my husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and 2 cats.  Since marrying the love of my life 6 years ago I have lived all over the US.  We had some longer stays in Georgia, San Diego, and Wisconsin before landing in Washington.  My husband served in the Marine Corps for 13 years.  Once we had our second child, he decided he didn't want to chance spending another year apart from his family and separated from the military.  We are now settling in the Pacific North West near where he grew up.  At this time I am a stay at home mom to my 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter.  We have two long-haired chihuahuas and two cats.  My family keeps me busy and going, but what I love most about being home is the ability to create a positive atmosphere at home filled with love and creativity.
My family


I am the middle child of 5 and grew up in Virginia.  I started the blog to support my dad.  I'd like to tell you a little about him.

My dad's name is Tom.  He is the owner of Colonial Books and Gifts llc.  He lives with my mom, Jane, their 4 dogs and my two youngest siblings, Devon and Hannah, that are still at home.  He retired from the Army in 2008 and has worked as a consultant to the military for most of his career.  He was a college professor and of course father to us 5 kids.  This past year a dear friend of his passed away, leaving his widow with a book business but no one to sell them.  My dad took it upon himself to carry on the business for his dear friend.  So now he runs www.colonialbooksandgiftsllc.com.  He is a wonderful granddad to 5 grandchildren.  He was an inspiration to both of my brothers, Brent and Devon, as they are currently serving in the Army and Marines.  He also is a wonderful supporter to my oldest sister, Caitlyn, that teaches dance.

My dad and me on my wedding day
My parents have been raising kids for over 30 years now and still have at least 3 more years with Hannah still in high school.  They are known for helping others when in need.  Our family grows every Holiday as there is always someone around the table that my parents have taken in to help them get back on their feet.  My parents are amazing with their patience, understanding, and unconditional love that they give to others, no matter the circumstances.  They do all of this with the power of God and prayer.  They believe strongly in His will and His path.

That is a little about Our Family.  We hope that you will join us and become one of the additional members of our family.  We want to share our love and joy with you and your family and hope that you will share your love and joy with us too!

Keep a look out for some fun Thanksgiving activities to do with your family.  We'll also be doing a giveaway soon, so go ahead and subscribe to our blog so that you don't miss a thing.


You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, and our Website.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Niah! So excited to see your new blog!
    Your dad is man of high integrity, and I know he will run his new book business the same way. He truly has a heart for helping people discover more of God's love through the books and gifts he offers at Colonial. I'm more than pleased to have the convenience of doing Christmas and birthday shopping thru his store this year! Can't wait til he comes to Pohick Church and sets up his wonderful display.
    Love to you and your sweet family!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments family friendly and appropriate for the site. If you have major concerns please email directly so that we can address them in a timely manner. Thank you!