Thursday, November 15, 2012

My completely Selfish Reason for Blogging

So here's the rub people.  I had a blog.  But pretty much the only reason I have a blog is to get free stuff.  Yup, you heard me.  I don't blog because I think you care about what I say.  I don't blog because I feel that I have something amazingly meaningful to say.  I blog because I get free stuff.  (And if you click any of  those linked "blog" words up there it will take you to my old blog so you can check it out if you are interested.)

Why do I want free stuff?  When I quit my job 7 months pregnant and about to move 3000 miles away from my family to support my Marine husband, I was bored.  Yes, eventually along came this little person that nursed day and night and needed diaper changes and playing with and what not.  But in reality, he napped a lot.  There wasn't that much interesting going on while I sat on the couch and nursed.  We would play, but he didn't really care.  He was a chill little baby that just hung out with me. So I sought out other military moms.  I went to the base playgroups and eventually joined the OWC.  Why does this matter?  Well, because a lot of military spouses are bored.  We quit our jobs and move around supporting our Marines (or Soldier or Sailor or Airmen) and mostly sit at home being bored.  I learned about couponing from some of these bored spouses.  Then I learned about freebies.  Over time, blogs became popular and I saw them popping up everywhere.  I thought they were amazing and wonderful.  Then it happened.  I was offered something.  A website that I used to waste time offered me something.  They said "Throw a party for us and we'll give you free stuff."  Sure!  Sign me up!  I love throwing parties!  I love free stuff!

So I threw my party and got my free stuff and was excited.  But then I realized, that there was a way to get more free stuff.  Basically, the people who gave me free stuff said "If you share your stuff online, we'll give you more free stuff."  So I shared.  I share and I share and I share.  I post on facebook, twitter, and my blog.
One of the first parties I blogged about, a Smurfs Party given by CrowdTap
(This is also proof btw that I am willing to do pretty much anything to make my kids happy)
Ok, so why am I telling you this?  My family just moved again.  I quit a wonderful job that I LOVED to support my husband in his career.  I am now unemployed and spending time online again trying to make up for my lack of income.  I have continued to blog but recently I decided that my blog is boring.  I don't do anything but share freebies.  That is great and I'm sure wonderful advertising for the people who gave me the free stuff.  However, it was lacking something.  It just didn't have purpose.  I do a lot more than get free stuff.  I cook, I clean, I check Facebook...  Ok, well maybe I don't do that much.

Anyway, so here's the deal.  This new blog is going to help highlight what is so amazing about our Colonial Family as well as crafts that I do with my kids, recipes that I make (or my husband makes), and then the Free Stuff!!!  I'll still share the free stuff.  I'll even share tips on how I get the free stuff.  But hopefully this blog will have some added value that was lacking in my other.  I will talk about Colonial Books and Gifts Events as well as have my dad contribute book reviews and we will all around share our family with you.  We want to get to know you and welcome you into the joys of a large family!

So during this transition please have patience, we are going to start slow and take notes from you as to what you want.

Here are some freebies that I've gotten lately and I'll be posting about some awesome parties that I've recently thrown also!
I won this from @SonyAnimation on Twitter

My friends and I got to go shopping thanks to CrowdTap and Old Navy's Cardi Party

This summer Erica and I got brand new bathing suits for free from CrowdTap and Old Navy
If you happen to be reading this still, please feel free to share it with your friends.  Remember, when we hit 20 subscribers we will do a giveaway!  So share share share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments family friendly and appropriate for the site. If you have major concerns please email directly so that we can address them in a timely manner. Thank you!